The Airfield Mission – Airfield Shooting Club is a community service oriented club that promotes safety and shooting education. We seek members that want to be a part of that community and to play an active part in promoting safety and shooting education.
What are the membership requirements?
- You must be able to legally own a firearm in the State of Virginia or near by State. (You must provide proof of a current background check.)
This can be proven by a valid Concealed Handgun Permit, a receipt for a recent (within one year) firearms purchase from a licensed dealer that performed a background check, a current Federal Firearms License, or law enforcement credentials.
- Provide proof of ID.. We must see who you are.. This can be done with a State drivers license, Military ID or Law-enforcement ID.
- Be a member of the NRA.. As a current NRA Gold Medal Club, all our members must be NRA members.
We will need to see your current NRA membership card or label from your monthly magazine.
If you are not currently a member of the NRA, we can sign you up at a discount through the club.
- Additionally, you must commit to contributing at least six hours of public service to the club per year.
Public service includes assisting with ASC- sponsored shooting events, volunteering with the ASC youth programs, serving on a Friends of NRA committee, working the club’s table at local gunshows, performing range improvements or maintenance, and other activities that may be approved by the Board of Directors.
Members who are not able to meet these public service requirements may instead contribute to the club at the rate of $10 per hour of public service not served.
May I bring a guest? – Immediate family members (Spouse and minor children ) are encouraged to attend and may accompany the member. Members are responsible for the actions of their guests. No more than six guests may accompany a member at any time and only three may handle a firearm at the same time.
Can I shoot in a match without joining? – Club matches are open to the public. Non-members pay a small surcharge over club members.
What are the range operating hours? – Club members are given the combination to the range’s gate lock, and may generally use the range at any time during daylight hours. We do share the range with the 4-H Center, and the range may be reserved for their exclusive use from time to time. This typically happens during weekday mornings in the Summer months, and infrequently on Saturdays or Sundays throughout the year. Range closings are posted well in advance on the calendar.
Are there any other benefits to being a member? Yes! Among other things, the Airfield Shooting Club is affiliated with the CMP. This allows our members to purchase surplus rifles and ammunition through the Civilian Marksmanship Program.
How much does it cost to join? – Contact the Secretary secretary at airfieldshootingclub.org to find out what the dues are for the month.
If you shoot Skeet or Trap, we now uses a RFID card for the system. It cost $5 for the card, Its one time fee..
(Please let the secretary know if you would like to shoot skeet/ trap. There is a separate form for the skeet/ trap card)
Targets are $3.00 per round of 25 for members. This is billed quarterly.
How do I join? –
- Email the Secretary at secretary at airfieldshootingclub.org to request to join the club.
- The Secretary will send an online application link to be completed
- Please read the Bylaws and the Range Rules before filling out the application.
- After completing the application, the Secretary will request proof of meeting membership requirements. (Proof of ID, Proof of current background check and Proof of NRA or intent to join NRA)
- All new members Must Attend one Board of Directors’ Meeting (for processing and range qualifications)
- Secretary will confirm the date and time of the new member orientation
- Dues will be collected at new member orientation. We take cash or check, sorry no credit cards.
Where can I find the bylaws and range rules ? The documents are located at the following locations:
Last Updated on 3 months by Webmaster (Jon Welters)